Top Ten Best Running Shoes in 2023
BRONAX Sneakers for Men Male Low Top Fashion Stylish Slip on Mesh Lightweight Lace Up Casual Tennis Walking Workout Gym Athletic Sports Shoes Zapatos de Hombre Black Size 10
UNDER ARMOUR Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe, Black (002)/Black, 11
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3-color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step-in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
ASICS Women's Gel-Excite 4 Running Shoe, Shark/Flash Coral/Parachute Purple, 10 M US
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
adidas Originals Men's Seeley Running Shoe, Black/Black/Black, 10 M US
- Abrasion-resistant skate shoes with laid-back style
- Lace closure
- Synthetic suede upper
- Rubber outsole; Textile lining
Mizuno Women's Wave Creation 20 Knit Running Shoe, Plum-Black, 10 B US
- This is your favorite Wave Creation with an all new WAVE KNIT Upper to fit your foot like a glove and still be super breathable.
- MIZUNO WAVE: Wave sets the standard for running shoe technologies.
- The Wave Creation series is all about taking cushioning to the absolute max, in a way that only Mizuno can do
- Mizuno achieves this with the Infinity Wave, complete with a new construction. This is the softest, bounciest Wave Creation to date
- New Premium Sockliner for added comfort
WHITIN All White Running Shoes for Women with Arch Support Size 8 Stylish Comfortable Cushioning Shock Absorbing Distance Flexible Light Low Top Lace Up Run Tenis Sneakers
- High-rebound EVA midsole for added support and shock absorption.
- Durable rubber outsole with grooves for excellent flexibility and traction.
- Lace and Tongue System accommodates the motions of the runner for added comfort.
- Level platform design features a lower heel-to-toe drop for a more natural running position.
- Open-weave mesh upper with no-sew overlays provides optimal foot conformity and breathability.
ASICS Women's Gel-Kayano 25 Running Shoes, 10M, MID Grey/Silver
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology - ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- Guidance Line Midsole Technology - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Guidance Trusstic System Technology - This Trusstic System Technology integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.)
Nike Womens Air Max 98 Low Top Sneakers Running Shoes (10, Light Orewood Brown/Lava Glow)
- Style#: CI9907-100
- Textile and synthetic construction provides a comfortable fit.
- Foam midsole with responsive Max Air cushioning.
- Durable rubber tread delivers excellent traction.
Nike Men's Free Rn 2018 Running Shoe (10, Cargo Khaki/Black-Sequoia)
Brooks Mens Adrenaline GTS 19 Running Shoe - Black/Green/Grey - D - 10.5
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width, "EE" = Wide width, "B" = Narrow width, "EEEE" = Extra wide width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with all arches looking for support. Our new Guiderail Support System focuses beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
- CUSHIONED FEEL: Soft and protective, these shoes provide just the right amount of cushion in each step to let you float through your run, walk and everyday life.
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability—yet it feels lighter than ever.
- MODERNIZED FIT: Engineered mesh and the 3D Fit Print upper provide the structure and proven fit of this Go-To Shoe with a streamlined look.
A Review of 'Running in the Family' by Michael Ondaatje
In 1978 and again in 1980, author Michael Ondaatje went to visit the island of his birth, Sri Lanka. This book chronicles his visits and tells the stories of his homeland and ancestors in the most poetic memoir ever written.
Michael Ondaatje, author of "The English Patient," was born in Sri Lanka (then known as Ceylon). In 1954, at the age of 11, he left for England and in 1962 he moved to Canada. Only as an adult did Ondaatje go back to visit the island of his birth, which he called the "pendant off the ear of India." While there, he investigated his family history through the places and people still there. This book is his account of these visits.
Sounds boring, doesn't it?
But that couldn't be farther from the truth.
In fact, if the stories that Michael Ondaatje tells in "Running in the Family" weren't true, this would have been an amazingly beautiful book of fiction. As it is, what Ondaatje gives us here is an incredibly evocative and poetic memoir that stirs the soul and engages its readers at every turn.
Do we learn about his family? Yes, but with wit and humor and the idiosyncrasies behind the people that make them so uniquely lovable (and sometimes despicable). Do we hear about the places where his people lived and worked? Yes, but with the strange and amazing ghosts and mysteries together with the tropical flora and fauna that makes them come alive in all their exotic ecstasy and danger. Is there history of the island included? Yes, but only where events either are vital to or can enhance the stories about all these fascinating people and places.
But more than anything, this is absolutely exquisitely written. Every page is as rich and as smooth as silky cream. Every scene is a vibrant painting evoking pictures that come alive from the words. Every story is told with both the wisdom of hindsight and the twinkle of a memory that might just be ever so slightly exaggerated to make the listener react with anything from a small giggle to a huge guffaw. And while all this might sound like sensory overload, I can once again assure you that Ondaatje has paced this to absolute perfection so that we feel he is taking us on a trip that winds around from the shore through the plains to the mountains and back again - with ample time for both the journey and to reflect on all that we've seen.
There's no getting around it, I'm totally and hopelessly in love with this book. Every aspect of it is pure perfection and I cannot recommend it more. I'd give it six stars out of five if I could (and will be eternally grateful to my darling husband for digging around in my wish-list and buying it for me as a birthday present)!
Other book reviews of Michael Ondaatje's works by this author:
The Collected Works of Billy the Kid
Coming through Slaughter
The Cat's Table