Best Womens Shoes For Walking in 2021
Dr. Scholl's Shoes Women's Madison Sneaker, Grey Cloud Microfiber Perforated, 8.5 M US
- BE FREE Energy Technology - insole with 3 distinct zones, designed for maximum comfort
- Super soft lining at collar
- Rubber sidewalls and sole
ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Women's Running Shoe, Carbon/Mid Grey/Seashell Pink, 9 M US
- REARFOOT GEL TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- TRAIL SPECIFIC OUTSOLE: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- REMOVABLE SOCKLINER: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- AHAR OUTSOLE: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
ASICS Women's Gel-Excite 6 SP Running Shoes, 8.5M, White/ICE Mint
- AmpliFoam Midsole - Engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural running.
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
Original EVENupâ„¢ Shoe Balancer/Leveler - Equalize Limb Length and Reduce Body Strain While Walking (Small)
- Evenup provides a 1/2" to 1" lift to help offset the additional height brought about by wearing an orthotic walking boot or other apparatus.
- Evenup works on both the left and right foot. No designation is required.
Skechers Sport Women's Flex Appeal 2.0 Fashion Sneaker, black light blue, 10 M US
Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe,taupe,8.5 M US
- Lightweight and flexible
- Responsive 5Gen cushioning
- Skechers Goga Max high rebound insole
- Breathable mesh upper
- Soft fabric lining and padded collar
- Parametric cushioned 5Gen midsole for added comfort
Brooks Womens Adrenaline GTS 19 Running Shoe - Grey/Lavender/Navy - B - 8.0
- SHOE SIZE: "B" = Medium width, "D" = Wide width, "2A" = Narrow width, "2E" = Extra wide width
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with all arches looking for support. Our new Guiderail Support System focuses beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
- CUSHIONED FEEL: Soft and protective, these shoes provide just the right amount of cushion in each step to let you float through your run, walk and everyday life.
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability—yet it feels lighter than ever.
- MODERNIZED FIT: Engineered mesh and the 3D Fit Print upper provide the structure and proven fit of this Go-To Shoe with a streamlined look.
Skechers Women's Flex Appeal 3.0-go Forward Sneaker, GYMN, 9.5 W US
- Flexible sole
- Memory foam insole
Skechers Women's Go Walk 4 Pursuit Walking Shoe, Black/Charcoal, 10
- Radically lightweight. Stabilizing heel fabric overlay panels. Side s-logo. 1.25 inch heel. Quick-Fit Portal on heel for easy pull on wear
- Tapering midfoot design for improved arch support; Innovative and highly responsive 5GEN midsole cushioning
- New Goga Max high rebound footbed energizes every step
- Soft mesh upper and virtually seamless construction for comfortable fit
- Bamboo lined foot bed for anti-bacterial odor control
BOBS from Skechers Women's Plush - Peace and Love Flat, Black, 10 W US
- W stands for WIDE
- Flexible sole
Artist Creates GPS Shoes that Guide You Home
Shoes have GPS technology embedded with LED lights that help a person find their way home when lost.
Artist and technical wizard Dominic Wilcox has created a pair of shoes that are both whimsical and practical. They have GPS technology in them that work with LED lights to help the wearer find their way to their destination. Mail Online reports that one shoe has a GPS circuit board in it while the other has electronics in it that keep track of distance walked. The shoes get initiated, TG Daily says, by the user when first bringing them home so that the shoes will know where you live. To use them, the wearer simply clicks the heels of the shoes together, like Dorothy in Oz, and the shoes will use the LED lights in the toes to guide the wearer home. Wilcox also has a web site for those interested in learning more about the things he's created.
Wilcox worked with progressive shoe company Global Footprint in coming up with the design, which is not just functional, but attractive. The LED's blend in with the toe fronts creating an enchanting appearance. The shoes come with a USB port and software for a personal computer to allow the shoes to be initialized. After that, it's a simple matter of clicking the heels together when desiring directions home.
Of course the shoes can be programmed to give directions to different places as well, and might make a lovely gift for those who've grown older and sometimes have a hard time remembering how to trace their way back to where they live. The company sells a similar line of shoes for people with Alzheimer's who lose their way; the GPS in that case allows caregivers to track them down and bring them home.
In speaking with TD Daily about his shoes, Wilcox says he was inspired by the shoes in the Wizard of Oz movie, but gave some consideration to those that stay a little late at the nearby pub as well. As the wearer makes their way home, the shoe on the left food guides the way by showing more LED lights when heading in the right direction; the shoe on the right lets the wearer know how much farther they have to go to get there. The LEDs emit a soft red light which matches neatly with the soft reds and pinks of the laces and trim on the soft leather outer covering, giving a distinctive, yet pleasant overall appearance. The LEDs are subtle too, Wilcox says, so as not to call too much attention to the person wearing the shoes.