Best Womens Athleisure Shoes in 2023
adidas Performance Women's Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe, White/White/Black, 5.5 M US
Dr. Scholl's Shoes Women's Madison Fashion Sneaker, Taupe Reptile Print, 10 M US
- Memory foam cool fit insole
- Super soft lining at collar
- Rubber sidewalls and sole
- Material mixing adds interest and contrast
adidas Women's Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe, Black/Grey/Black, 8 Medium US
- Women's specific fit
- Cloudfoam memory sockliner and textile lining
- Easy, everyday runners
- Hugs the foot
Feetmat Womens Tennis Shoes Sneakers Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Walking Gym Tennis Shoes Pink 9
- Ultra lightweight and breathable mesh upper sport shoes, expand with your foot when you run and they more comfortable closely fit to help you reduce irritation.
- Non-slip rubber soles with high elasticity and softness can be bended freely, adapting to the ground for stability and working strategically to optimize the unique properties of every touch and push.
- Soft stretch knit and stretch straps give this style the ultimate in flexibility for any workout, make feet more healthy, not smelly, not stuffy, very refreshing.
- Comfortable shoes and fashion unique durable, safe environmental protection material, arch support insole gives the midfoot the best support when you move.
- Applications: casual, walking, running, indoor, sports, outdoor, travel, exercise, workout and any occasion.
New Balance Women's Nrgize V1 FuelCore Easy Slip-On Sneaker, Black/White, 8 B US
Reebok Women's Classic Harman Run Sneaker, Chalk Pink/Baked Clay/sea/White/Gum, 9 M US
- Stylish and comfortable
- Cushioned sole
FitKicks Live Well Women's Foldable Active Lifestyle Minimalist Footwear Barefoot Yoga Water Everyday Shoes Black
- FITKICKS LIVE WELL Women's Foldable Active Lifestyle Minimalist Footwear Barefoot Yoga Water Everyday Shoes
- Slip-on style heathered footwear with minimalist shoe look and feel; full movement potential; ample toe splay; ergonomic fit; conforms to foot
- Supports foot with enhanced comfort and mobility; minimal design with glue-free inner cushion; convenient pull tabs; protective toe guard; signature grip strap; Flex Form sole technology; fold & go transport; perfect for active lifestyles
- Wear lounging or running everyday errands, low-impact workouts, swimming, high heel relief, kick-around shoes, traveling, yoga, exercising, walking, at the beach, dancing, water sports, commuting, kicking back
- Spandex blend interwoven durable material; lasting FlexForm sole uses Peg Matrix System to adhere sole to cushioned insole; fold-and-go transport; four sizes and four popular heathered colors for comfortable style
New Balance Women's FuelCore Nergize V1 Cross Trainer, Light Aluminum/Reflection/Dark Violet, 8 B US
- Mesh/ Synthetic
Feetmat Women's Running Shoes Lightweight Non Slip Breathable Mesh Sneakers Sports Athletic Walking Work Shoes Pink 8 M
- Breathable Mesh Layers: The breathable woven upper will keep your feet away from the wet condition, and create a dry environment for your feet during moving.
- Durable Foam Insole: Memory Foam Insole has good elasticity. Further, moisture-wicking insoles help keep your feet cool and comfortable when moving.
- Protect Ankle: The rubber sole not only has strong wear resistance,but also protects the feet from sharp, and reducing the risk of your ankles' sprain.
- Non-Slip & Lightweight: The rubber sole is ultra lightweight and wear resistant, combined with bottom grain design to enhance the skid resistance of shoes.
- Contact Anytime: If you have any quesisons about our products, please feel free contact us, we will handle it within 24 hours.
Clarks Women's Step Glow Slip Loafer Flat, Dusty Olive Canvas, 075 M US
- Clarks Cloudsteppers
- Removable OrthoLite footbed with Cushion Soft technology
- Soft Fabric Lining
- Flexible and Durable EVA outsole
- Ultra Lightweight
The History of the Athletic Shoe - from the Tennis Court to the Runway
Learn how athletic shoes have evolved over the last 100+ years.
History of the Athletic Shoe
The existence of athletic footwear has been documented back to the ancient times. Generally, however, the footwear was not designed to provide traction or support, but more to provide general protection from sharp objects on the ground and from injuries caused by blunt objects. The first real appearance of a modern athletic shoe didn't occur until the 19th century when in 1887 the term "sneakers" was used to refer to boy's tennis shoes. By 1917 the term "sneaker" was used widely to describe athletic shoes because their rubber soles made them quiet, allowing the wearer to sneak up on someone unnoticed.
The Evolution of Athletic Shoes
Athletic shoes have evolved a lot over the last 100 plus years. They started out as a basic tennis shoe with a flat sole, a lacing system and a low top. Over the decades the height of the tennis shoes' "top" was experimented with. During the 1980s, for example, the high top tennis shoe was very popular, especially among basketball players who appreciated the extra support this design gave to their ankles. Today, the athletic shoe comes in numerous versions including fashion athletic shoes, low tops, high tops, mid tops and specialty athletic shoes.
Athletic Shoe Manufacturers
The popularity of athletic shoes has made this shoe a huge money maker. As a result there are many shoe manufacturers who have introduced athletic shoes lines. The most popular athletic shoe manufacturers include: Nike, Reebok, Puma AG, K-Swiss, Fred Perry, Quiksilver, Servis-Cheetah, Adidas, New Balance, Lacoste, DC Shoes, Converse, Asics and Mizuno. Each of these shoe companies offers their own take on athletic shoes and many have special lines for specific sports like running, walking, basketball, soccer and extreme sports.