Best Support Hiking Shoes in 2022
Merrell Women's Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe, Smoke, 9 W US
- Breathable mesh lining
- Performance suede leather and mesh upper
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Merrell M Select FIT.ECO+ blended EVA contoured footbed with added zonal arch and heel support
- Vibram TC5+ sole
Merrell Women's Siren HEX Q2 E-MESH Sneaker, Olive You, 8 M US
- M Select GRIP outsole tunes each outsole with durable traction that grips when and where you need it
- Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- Q FORM 2 dual-density midsole with heel-centering technology provides gender-engineered alignment and comfort
- Engineered mesh upper
TFO Hiking Shoes Men Waterproof Air Circulation Insole Ankle Support Non-Slip Lightweight for Outdoor Trekking Walking Black
- ✔ EXCLUSIVE AIR CIRCULATION INSOLE ✔ Unique patented respiratory system promotes air circulation as you progress, which alleviates the fatigue and reduces your feet temperature. Relieve shock and protect your ankles by soft EVA insole during long-time hiking.
- ✔ UPGRADED WATERPROOF HIKING SHOES ✔ Feature the unique 4th-generation FIRST-TEX waterproof and breathable membrane lining, which keeps your feet dry and breathable even in Rainforest. It`s time to enjoy your unobstructed and comfortable hiking trip!
- ✔ ANKLE SUPPORT HIKING SHOES ✔ Support your ankles with comfortable ergonomics and a high-elastic sponge lining. Soft padded tongue and collar perfect fit to the ankle, absorb impact and protect joints. Lightweight EVA midsole for a long-distance cushioning.
- ✔ NON-SLIP DURABLE OUTSOLE ✔ Durable rubber outsole with multifunctional nails can provide reliable traction and grip even in complex terrains. Dig in your heels and keep your balance on steep terrain by premium heel brake. Anti-collision toe cap, Tear-resistant suede leather, and round stretchy shoelace.
- ✔ 100% AFTER-SALES GUARANTEED ✔ If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we promise you a satisfactory service within 24 hours. TFO is a professional outdoor sports brand of America and focuses on the comfortable experience of product users since 1999. Buy now and enjoy your holiday! Buy now and enjoy your outdoor trip!
Teva Women's Tirra Sandal,Black/Grey,7 M US
- Sporty sandal featuring logo and multiple straps with hook-and-loop closures
- Nylon stability shank
- EVA topsole with Microban zinc
- Compression-molded EVA midsole,Shock Pad heel
- Contoured EVA footbed supports your arch to keep your foot happy and healthy,Traction outsole with water-channeling lugs
Clorts Women's Classic Hiking Boots Waterproof Suede Leather Lightweight Hiking Shoes Purple US Women Size 8.5 Medium Width
- Ventilation & Waterproofing: Suede leather and waterproof nanofiber membrane for excellent water resistance and air permeability; the breathable upper and insole further increases breathability
- Superb Comfort: Padded collar and tongue for a supportive and snug fit; Soft insole for arch support; the lining protects your feet against rubbing and hugs your feet comfortably for long distance trails
- Cushioning and Support: EVA midsole cushions the foot with each step and provides excellent stability; it helps add shock absorption and reduces impact on rough terrain, ensuring an easy walk with every step
- Skidproof Performance: Rubber outsole with varied and deep lugs for high traction to enhance grip over wet and dry surface with ease; TPU supportive shank adds stability and support, preventing ankle sprain
- Top Choice for Adventure: One-piece tongue ensures that water, dirt and debris will not enter the boots. Protective rubber toe caps protect your feet from trail hazards; lightweight design for hiking, backpacking, trekking, cycling, hunting, skiing, climbing, daily wear and more; NOTE: PLEASE MEASURE YOUR FOOT SIZE BEFORE YOU ORDER; IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE CONTACT US
The North Face Mens Ultra 109 GTX Hiking Shoe TNF Black/Dark Shadow Grey - 9.5 D(M) US
- For maximum protection underfoot and subtle pronation correction, the Ultra 109 GTX from The North Face® gives you stability and traction when blazing down slick, uneven trail.
- Uppers are made of GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort Range waterproof, breathable membrane.
- PU-coated leather upper midfoot support.
- Lace up closure for a snug, custom fit.
- Protective TPU toe cap for added durability. Compression-molded EVA midsole. ESS midfoot shank. TPU Snake Plate™ forefoot protection. UltrATAC™ rubber outsole. Stability running shoe. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 1 lb 1 oz Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear is based on a single item, not a pair.
New Balance Men's 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer Shoe, Chocolate Brown/White, 10.5 W US
JABASIC Women Hiking Shoes Breathable Mesh Athletic Outdoor Sneakers (Grey/Purple,7)
- ➤Breathable:Soft Knit Mesh Upper Design,Protective Cap And Heel Stabilizer,Always Keep Your Feet Dry And Comfortable.
- ➤Slip-resistant:Rubber Outsole With Anti-skid TPR Patch Design Provides Traction And Conforming To Human Body Motion.
- ➤Anti-Collision: TPU Rubber Toe Cap Has Good Pressure Resistance And Reduces External Damage.
- ➤Lady Hiking Shoes With Lace Up Design For A Comfortable And Secure Fit,Easy To Adjustment For Your Feet.
- ➤Occasions:Jabasic Women Shoes Suitable For Daily,Shopping, Walking,Travel,Hiking,Climbing,Camping And So On.
Saucony Women's Excursion TR12 Sneaker, Grey/Peach, 8 M US
- GRID Cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole
- Trail Specific Mesh
Salomon Men's X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots, Castor Gray/Black/Green Sulphur, 13
- A time-tested last refined over the years produces an optimal fit. It's designed to work synergistically with the reinforced top arm of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially when you’re headed downhill.
- The Advanced Chassis, surrounded by foam cushioning for comfort, connects directly to the sole to stabilize your heel.
- Two different types of rubber are strategically placed on the sole, resulting in a more intense grip. A special patterned area the on heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more control when you're moving along at a healthy clip.
- Salomon 2 year limited warranty
- Features protective heel cap and eva shaped footbed sockliner
Hiking Emmenegger Nature Park in St. Louis, Missouri
Convenient to the city of St. Louis, Emmenegger Nature Park is an excellent choice for after work hiking. Easy to get to and a variety of trails make it a great day hike destination.
In 1975 Russel E. Emmenegger donated the 95 acres that became Emmenegger Nature Park. It has become a favorite place for the harried city workers to visit after a hard day.
Trails at Emmenegger
The 1.5 mile of trail is mostly natural surface. Near the trail head there are two loops of paved trail designed for handicap access (Pic #2). A bridge crossing high above a creek that empties into the Meramec River connects the trail to the trail head (Pic #1).
Hiking counterclockwise the trail parallels the Meramec River (Pic #5) before angling back in to Missouri bottom land thick with trees. Take some time along the banks of the river and look for fossils. Crinoids, worm burrows, bryozoans and rocks embedded with brachiopods are commonly found. More rare are corals and plant fossils.
A climb stair stepped with native Missouri rocks takes the hiker past protected sections of meadow. Near the top large flat rocks along the edge make great spots to sit and take in the view (Pic #4). For miles West stretch manufacturing plants, parking lots and houses. Look back East and all that can be see is thick Missouri woods.
Going on the trail descends into more bottom land. The trees muffle the sound of cars on I-270. This area is a favorite place for birdwatchers. A small creek winds through and the trail crosses it at one point. This is another good area to look for fossils.
Activities at Emmenegger
Day hiking, trail running and dog walking are favorite activities at Emmenegger. Folks come to sit along the river and take in the late afternoon sun. Kids love to play in the creek.
Along the creek kids can hunt frogs and minnows. The woods around are inhabited by box tortoises, squirrels, all sorts of birds, deer, rabbits and snakes.
It is a perfect place for a dinner hike after work. Pack up some sandwiches or a nice salad, a bottle of wine, hike to a nice spot and enjoy a meal. Afterwards the hike out is perfect to walk off some of the calories.
An expansive open field at the trail head is a nice place to play fetch with the dog, flip a frisbee, or just sit in the sun. Next to the Meramec River is a large pavilion with charcoal grills. Restroom facilities are also available.
Emmenegger Nature Park is the site for one of the Swift Towers (Pic #3) that are being put up in various parks. Swifts are birds more commonly called Chimney Swifts. These birds cannot sit a branch like other birds, but perch on vertical rough surfaces like the inside of chimneys. Now, with most chimneys lined with metal they are running out of places to build their nests. The tower is modeled so these birds have a place to call home.
How to Get There
From Lindbergh and and Watson drive south a half mile to Geyer Road. North, cross over I-44 and turn left on Cragwold Road, follow it until the T intersection and go left on Stoneywood. It is half mile to the entrance. You can't miss it because the road ends at the park.
Enjoy Emmenegger for day hikes, short after work hikes, dog walking, or just sitting and enjoying a little bit of nature in the midst of the city.