Best Neutral Hiking Shoes in 2021
KEEN Women's Terradora Waterproof Hiking Shoe, Neutral Gray/Gargoyle, 7 M US
KEEN Women's Voyageur Hiking Shoe, Neutral Gray/Lime Green, 7.5 B - Medium
- Rugged mid-height hiker with mesh side underlays and pull-on loops at heel and tongue
- 4mm multi-directional lugs
- Dual-density compression molded EVA foam midsole
- Non-marking rubber outsole
- Patented toe protection.Metatomical Footbed support mechanism is anatomically engineered to provide arch support and cradle the natural contours of the foot, Contoured heel lock
KEEN Men's Austin Hiking Shoe, Gargoyle/Neutral Gray, 11 M US
KEEN Women's Terradora ETHOS-W Hiking Shoe, Neutral Grey/Gargoyle, 8 M US
- Breathable leather lining
- Metatomical EVA footbed
- Non-marking rubber outsole
KEEN Men's Austin Hiking Shoe, Gargoyle/Neutral Gray, 10 M US
Columbia Men's Redmond Hiking Boot, Pebble, Dark Ginger, 11.5 Wide
- Combination suede leather, mesh and webbing.
- Techlite lightweight midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return.
- Omni-Grip non-marking traction rubber.
Merrell Men's All Out Blaze Aero Sport Hiking Water Shoe, Khaki, 11.5 M US
- Lace-up hiking shoe with branding details featuring breathable mesh and durable synthetic upper
- Omni-Fit lacing system
- Mesh lining with odor-preventing M Select FRESH technologies
- Cushioned and protective UniFly midsole
- TC5+ Vibram outsole with 5 mm lug depth
Under Armour Men's Charged Bandit Trail Gore-TEX Hiking Shoe, Black (001)/Wire, 11
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- GORE-TEX construction is 100% waterproof but remains incredibly breathable
- TPU film for added support & durability where you need it
- Molded Comfort Collar locks in the heel with a soft, plush feel for zero distractions
- High rebound EVA sockliner for a comfortable & responsive ride
New Balance Men's M990GL4 Running Shoe, Grey/Castle Rock, 11 4E US
- Lace up running shoe featuring breathable mesh upper with supportive leather overlays
- Blown rubber outsole; Dual density collar foam
- ENCAP PU ring with EVA core in heel
- ENCAP PU Ring with EVA Core
- Medicare/HSPCS Code = PDAC A5500 Diabetic Shoes
Salomon Women's X Ultra 3 Hiking Shoes, Stormy Weather/Ebony/Cashmere Blue, 8.5
- Foothold : A refined, women's specific last works with the reinforced top arm of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially moving downhill.
- Stability and cushioning : An asymmetrical chassis designed to accommodate a woman’s anatomy maximizes stability and cushioning while minimizing fatigue on rugged terrain.
- Grip : Two different types of rubber result in better grip. A patterned area on the heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more control especially on descents.
Walking the Offa's Dyke Path Day Eight: Trial by Pain
Weeks before the team had set out to walk the path; Mary fell and had broken a rib. In true form she ignored the discomfort and chose to continue the walk. However, after three miles of hard hiking the pain began to overwhelm her.
The intrepid hikers set off on the first leg of the northern section of the Offer's Dyke Path, 17 miles from Knighton to Brompton. It rained all night and when the fab-four got up at 6:00 a.m. it was still raining. The good news was by the time they were out walking on the path it had stopped and was now only threatening to rain. In fact it rained on them once the whole day; very good luck given summertime weather in Wales. All four walked on through emerald green fields, past massive mushrooms, purple lupines, and deep green ferns. Wales is a beautiful place to walk.
It was 12:30 p.m. and the remaining hikers had only traveled three miles so they knew they must step on the gas or surfer the punishment of walking in the dark. For the next 14 miles they charged up hill and down dale. In fact they climbed a total of 2,654 feet that day and descended the same before the walk was over. Going up was hard, but coming down the steep, greasy, muddy descents was even more difficult; so much so that Ernest fell many times into the black oozing mud; much to the entertainment of Julia who somehow managed to avoid the ooze.
See photos from this adventure
Join the intrepid hikers as they continue their adventure on the
Offa's Dyke Path.