Best Looking Hiking Shoes in 2021
adidas outdoor Men's Terrex AX3 Hiking Boot, Grey Five/Black/Mesa, 10.5 M US
Vasque Men's Mantra 2.0 Hiking Shoe,Dark Earth/Chili Pepper,12 M US
- Low-cut hiking shoe with the same stability and grip of a backpacking boot
- 1.8mm Nubuck leather upper with abrasion resistant mesh for breathability and durability
- Speed lacing system for comfortable fit and performance hiking
- Dual Density EVA footbed
- Vibram Nuassi outsole with XSTrek Compound for trail traction
Merrell Men's Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe, Charcoal Grey, 11.5 2E US
- Performance suede leather and mesh upper
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Breathable mesh lining. 5mm lug depth
- Vibram TC5+ sole
Merrell Men's Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boot, Walnut, 9.5 2E US
- Removable Insole. Breathable mesh lining
- 5mm lug depth ; Molded nylon arch shank ; Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out ;Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- Merrell M Select FIT.ECO+ blended EVA contoured footbed with added zonal arch and heel support
Columbia Men's Granite Ridge MID Waterproof Hiking Shoe, Dark Grey, Golden Yellow, 10.5 D US
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Granite Ridge Mid Waterproof Boot is crafted of our signature waterproof and breathable construction to help keep you dry and comfortable
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and suede bootie construction. Its durable mesh tongue adds breathability
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: This waterproof hiking boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit
- MIDSOLE SUPPORT: Our signature midsole support provides superior cushioning and high energy return for comfort on any terrain
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow. Omni-Grip provides the right grip for every environment
KEEN Men's Targhee II Hiking Shoe, Cascade Brown/Golden Yellow - 9.5 D(M) US
- We've carefully selected leather uppers designed to last. Then again, if you're wearing your KEENs daily, they won't always be scuff and dirt-free. To treat day to day wear and tear, especially on lighter color leathers, we recommend using a leather cleaner and conditioner, found at most footwear dealers and/or shoe repair shops.
- Easy-on heel pull and Torsion stability ESS shank
- Padded tongue and collar
- Lugged outsole. Contoured heel lock
- Fit tip-it is running a half size small. Recommend ordering a half size larger than usual size
- Weight 15.4 oz / 436.6 g
Under Armour Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe, Black (001)/White, 11.5
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3 color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
Salomon Women's Pathfinder Hiking Shoes, Stormy Weather/Phantom/Tropical Green, 7 B US
- TRAIL RUNNING SHOES: These lightweight, low-top hiking & trail running shoes combine style & function with protective coated-leather uppers & an aggressive grip so you can make any trail your own.
- ANY PATH YOUR WAY: With its ultra-durable, all-terrain grip the Salomon Pathfinder line of shoes is perfect for walking, hiking, backpacking, or trail running on every type of terrain.
- GO THE DISTANCE: Whether you love daily road running in your neighborhood, an escape to a local trail, or something more rugged, Salomon makes shoes that ensure you have a smooth ride on any & all terrain.
- TIME TO PLAY: Whether you are into trail running, hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering, Salomon has shoes & gear for kids, men & women to help you conquer a new distance, personal record, or event!
- SINCE 1947 Salomon has used our passion for outdoor sports & innovation to create progressive gear. Our road & trail running shoes, hiking sneakers, boots, & water shoes help make any path your own.
New Balance Men's 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer Shoe, Chocolate Brown/White, 10.5 W US
Vasque Men's Juxt Multisport Shoe,Aluminum/Chili Pepper,12 M US
- Sporty shoe for day hiking with approach-shoe durability, stability and comfort
- 1.6mm suede leather upper
- Highly tunable lace system
- Molded EVA and TPU Plate midsole for stability
- Vasque Off the Grid rubber outsole for added comfort
South Korean Travel? Gunsan City is a Treasure Trove of Photos and Sightseeing
Seoul may be the destination most think of when traveling to South Korea, but a three hour drive south reveals fabulous hiking, sightseeing and traditional dining unmatched anywhere else.
The downtown walking mall in Gunsan is a colorful place to start. Street vendors hawk their wares, complete with outdoor displays of the latest fashions and plenty of people milling about. A few blocks away is a large Christian church with an impressive set of stone steps leading high up to the church doors. From there, shutterbugs can take good shots of the skyline and the unique blue metal roofs that are popular in the area.
From the elevated view on the church steps, you can spot a Buddhist temple, located right next to Wolmeyeong Park, a nature preserve and exercise area. The temple is about eight blocks away, so it's best to hail a cab (easy to do in Korea, just stick your hand in the air like in the states). The temple itself offers many excellent photo opportunities including stone pagodas and the traditional 'temple dogs' that guard the entrance to the main building. Up another set of steps is the entrance to Wolmyeong Park, which is a hiking and picture taking experience all by itself.
There are impressive Korean War monuments further in the park, and don't miss a small observation deck located just to the right at the top of the stairs. There is a postcard-perfect ocean view here, but beware the large flocks of pigeons-many tourists have been chased down by the hungry birds looking for a handout!
After an afternoon of exploring and picture taking, most are ready for a good meal, and the area surrounding the park and temple are full of restaurants-Korean, Chinese and even Japanese cuisine can be found. Be sure to look for a white sign on some establishments, which says "Good Restaurant", where you can usually find quality food at reasonable prices. Try the Dak Galbi, traditional Korean barbecued chicken, or the oxtail soup. Adventurous types will give kimchee a taste, but beware, it can be hot and spicy! Other tasty dishes include skewered chicken, pork and vegetarian soups. Ramyeon is basically ramen soup, but far more elaborate than the american prepackaged noodles college students survive on.
Gunsan City is located on the southern part of the peninsula, an area most don't give much thought to at first. Those who do venture south are pleasantly surprised; especially those who like to take pictures. It's one of the better-kept secrets of South Korea, an area that has features of the traditional Korean lifestyle, with the conveniences of the most modern cities on the peninsula. Shutterbugs, take note, this is a fabulous area to explore!