Best Lightweight Casual Shoes in 2023
Cole Haan Men's Grand Crosscourt II Sneaker, white leather, 10.5 Medium US
New Balance Men's 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer Shoe, White/Navy, 12 XW US
- Dual Density Collar Foam
- Injection Molded EVA
- Internal Shank
- PU insert
Skechers Men's Moreno Canvas Oxford, Beige (TPE 578), 10.5 Medium US
- Goga Mat Arch
- Air Cooled Memory Foam
- Wide Fit
Women's Slip-On Shoes Casual Light Weight Air Cushion Shockproof Walking Sneakers All Black 9
- Slip-on Design: Slip on design with Elastic Cuff is convenient for user to put on and take off.
- Light and Breathable : This walking shoes have durable knit upper with good stretch allows the foot to secure fit,breathable and smooth fabric provide great freedom and comfortable.
- Wide round toe for toe stands:super lightweight and flexible just like socks,breathable and smooth fabric provide great freedom and comfortable feeling.
- PU outsole with air cushion: High-quality rubber materail is non-slip and wear-resistant, provides great traction and grip.It is a perfect platform wedge sneakers that can wear all day and match all pants,dress,tops. Platform measures approximately 1.96".
- OCCASION:fits for long time standing work,walking,casual,floor shoes,plantar fasciitis,nursing,fishing,gardening,dress,shopping,travel,driving,jazz,tap dance,street jazz,ballet,folk dance,zumba,athletic,workout.
Skechers Men's Segment The Search Slip On Loafer,Dark Brown,12 M US
- Thanks to SKECHERS® looking this great has never been this easy.
- Leather upper with contrast stitching.
- Padded collar.
- Slip-on construction.
- Stitched toe accent. Textile lining. Gel infused memory foam comfort insole. Durable synthetic outsole. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 1 lb Product measurements were taken using size 12, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear is based on a single item, not a pair.
Skechers USA Men's Braver Rayland Slip-On Loafer,Dark Brown Leather,8.5 M US
- Relax fit
- Memory foam
- Soft fabric shoe lining
Cole Haan Men's Grand Tour Plain Oxford Woodbury/Ivory Flat, 11.0 M US
- Classic plain toe pattern on a sport inspired outsole with rich leather or suede uppers
- Textile covered foot bed for comfort and breathability
- Rubber pods in the heel and forefoot for traction
- Lightweight EVA midsole cushioned with Grand OS for ultimate comfort and flexibility
Amazon Essentials Women's Belice Ballet Flat, Tan, 8 B US
- Classic and versatile ballet flat designed for daily wear and superior fit
- Casual silhouette with round toe shape and flattering profile
- Soft, faux leather upper with gently elasticized topline, faux suede microfiber lining for extra comfort and breathability
- Everyday made better: we listen to customer feedback and fine-tune every detail to ensure quality, fit, and comfort
Under Armour Men's Street Encounter IV Heeled Sandal, Steel (105)/Mod Gray, 11 M US
- Stretch canvas upper provides the ultimate fit & complete comfort
- Stretch bungee lacing system provides ease of entry, built to quickly slip the shoe on & off
- Full length, die cut EVA sockliner molds to your foot
- Redesigned EVA outsole offers improved mobility, lightweight cushioning & increased traction
Dr. Scholl's Shoes Women's Madison Sneaker, Grey Cloud Microfiber Perforated, 9.5 M US
- BE FREE Energy Technology - insole with 3 distinct zones, designed for maximum comfort
- Super soft lining at collar
- Rubber sidewalls and sole
DIY: Make an Easy Wall Shelf
Instead of purchasing an expensive wall shelf for keys and mail, make an easy wall shelf from PVC. It's strong, lightweight and fits in well with almost any décor.
I have been building furniture and other items from PVC for years. It's just about taken over the wood in my workshop. Instead of lots of expensive tools, a hacksaw, measuring tools and a few other items is just about all I need. To tell the truth, it's a lot like playing with building toys as I did as a child, only today I get to keep and use what I build.
PVC is inexpensive and easy to work with. Paint or stain it any color you wish. You can make it look like marble if you want to.
You can make this shelf for under $10. Store bought shelves cost far more.
Everyone needs a place to hang keys, store cell phones and set the mail down. You can make the shelf any size. This one is approximately 12" wide by 18" long by 6" deep.
You will need:
You can make these for use in dorm rooms, everyday houses, RV's, campgrounds and more. They make wonderful gifts any time of year.
The fun thing about PVC is, once you get started, you'll want to make more.
One good tip about working with PVC is this: dry-fit everything together first, and make sure of your measurements, square, level and so forth. Make cementing the pieces together your last construction step.
Cut six pieces of PVC pipe, each 14" long. Cut six pieces of pipe, each 6" long. Cut eight pieces of pipe, each 11" long.
Sand the cut edges smooth.
Lay two 12" pieces parallel to each other on a work surface. Lay a 6" piece at each end, forming a triangle. Insert the ends into three-way connectors, forming a rectangle with the third connector hole pointing up.
Insert 11" pieces into each of the connectors. Place a four-way connector on top of each, forming corners. Insert 6" pieces on the sides, and 12" pieces across the front and back.
Repeat the previous step, topping the 11" pieces with three-way connectors.
Check your measurements for level, square, and to insure the piece's height and width match. Make any necessary adjustments now.
Cement the pieces together and allow to dry for 24 hours.
Measure the top and cut a shelf piece to fit. Attach with the construction adhesive; clamp in place and allow to cure.
Measure the two bottom shelves. You can cut a shelf to fit over the front and sides, cutting the corners away to fit around the vertical pieces. Apply construction adhesive, insert the shelf sideways, and lower in place. Apply spring clamps and allow to cure.
Treat the lowest shelf the same way.
An alternative method to making shelves is to build the shelves first. When the rectangles are made, mark the pieces at the connectors. The center of each connector and the center of each piece. Cut a slot in each pipe piece the size of the shelving, but do not cut beyond the place where the pipe inserts into the connector.
Reassemble the pieces with the slots matching the center marks on the connectors. Measure the distance between the slots and add ¼" on each side. Cut the shelving material to fit, keeping in mind that the shelf will not go into the corner connectors. It is not necessary to glue the shelves in place; they will be held in place by the cemented connectors.
Side pieces can be made the same way. This makes a truly fantastic shelf unit. Doors can be fabricated with the same basic idea, using hinges or pins for opening and closing.
With the drill, make holes in the lowest crossbar and insert the cup hooks. Glue in place with the construction adhesive. These will hold keys.
Mark the place on the wall to hang the shelf and attach the wall hooks. Hang the unit on the hooks.
This unit can be made smaller or larger as needs dictate. It can also be used on a countertop. Make as many shelves as you need.
For a unit that breaks down for easy moving, cement the corner pieces and shelves only, but not the vertical pieces. This allows the unit to break down into shelves and supports. It can be erected in a new place in minutes.
Everyone will want one of these in their rooms. They make wonderful gift items.
Source: Alan amp; Gill Bridgewater (2001), "Quick and Easy Projects for the Weekend Carpenter," Huppauge, New York, Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Source: The author of this article has over 40 years of experience in diverse forms of DIY, home improvement and repair, crafting, designing, and building furniture, outdoor projects and more.