Best Functional Fitness Shoes in 2021
New Balance Women's Impulse V1 FuelCell Running Shoe, Black/Copper, 7 B US
UNDER ARMOUR Men's Charged Rogue Running Shoe, Jet Gray (100)/White, 9.5
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need flexibility, cushioning & versatility
- Engineered mesh upper is extremely lightweight & breathable, with strategic support where you need it
- Lightweight, external heel counter for additional support that keeps the back of the foot locked in place
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
- Removable, comfort sockliner provides
Xero Shoes Prio - Women's Minimalist Barefoot Trail and Road Running Shoe - Fitness, Athletic Zero Drop Sneaker - Lilac
- The lightweight, flexible performance shoe for road running, trail running, fitness, CrossFit, hiking, and more...
- Foot-first design. Wide toe boxes let your toes spread and relax. Zero-drop, non-elevated sole for proper posture
- Low-to-the-ground for balance and agility. The flexible sole lets your feet bend and move naturally.
- FeelTrue sole gives you great traction, protection, and the stimulation and feedback your feet and brain want.
- IMPORTANT SIZING NOTE: As of August 20, 2019 the Prio was resized to fit "true to size." We recommend ordering your typical shoe size. Of course, if this isn't correct, you can exchange it for the right size.
ASICS Men's GT-2000 7 (2E) Running Shoes, 10W, Indigo Blue/Shocking Orange
- FlyteFoam Lyte Technology - ASICS lightest weight midsole formulation that provides continuous cushion thanks to organic nano fibers.
- SpevaFoam 45 Lasting - Employs 45 degree full length SpevaFoam 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- SpevaFoam Midsole Material - Improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
New Balance Men's 410v6 Cushioning Trail Running Shoe, Black/Blue, 8 D US
- Durable upper featuring leather and synthetic overlays
- Upper maintains breathability and lockdown support
- IMEVA foam midsole and XLT footbed for comfortable cushioning
- Thick, all-terrain rubber outsole with deep grooves for grip
Reebok Men's CROSSFIT Nano 8.0, Bunker Blue/Vital Blue/Blue, 10.5 M US
- Reebook Shoes
Vibram Five Fingers Men's V-Train Fitness Shoe (46 EU/11.5-12, Black Out)
- Our latest version of the kmd sport
- Provides flexibility of a barefoot shoe with a little more structure
- Special rope traction lugs in arch for rope climbing
- Circular lug pattern for grip during lateral movement
- Anti-microbial poly fabric sock liner.Foot length:Longest toe measurement in inches ± 1/8 select models and colors only.Wide foot may need to size up
New Balance Women's Arishi V2 Fresh Foam Running Shoe, Light Cashmere/Dark Cashmere Metallic/sea Salt, 12 B US
- Synthetic/Mesh Upper
- NB Response 1.0 Performance Insert
- Engineered Mesh
- No-Sew material application
- Fresh Foam
ALEADER Women's Barefoot Running Shoes Cross Training Shoes for Gym Workout Fitness Black 9.5 M US Women
- Five-toe box design running shoes help you feel like you're barefoot for lightweight comfort
- Mesh and TPU upper provides lasting flexibility and breathable
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure at instep for a more secure fit
- Machine washable. Air dry away from sun or heat source
- Rubber outsole helps you get a steady trip
ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 5-M, Carbon/Black/Hot Orange, 11 M US
- Outdoor-ready runner with mesh and brushstroke-patterned underlays
- Rearfoot GEL cushioning
- Removable sockliner accommodates medical orthotics
- Trail-specific outsole with reversed traction lugs
- AHAR outsole rubber in critical high-wear areas
Fitness Shoe Review: Reebok EasyTone
Can a shoe tone your legs and bum? I walked for miles in these shoes and I think it actually is true!
At first glance, the Reebok EasyTone is just like any other trainer, however, there is a difference. The use of "balance pods" on the bottom of the shoe are supposed to work in much the same way as balance balls do at the gym only on a micro scale. This "microwobble" effect is supposed to increase fat burning, muscle toning and shaping in the legs and backside. Do they work? It depends.
I was reluctant to buy these shoes at first because there were a lot of negative reviews about people stepping on tacks or something sharp and the balance pods actually popping and ruining the shoes. They are quite pricey so that put me off at first. However, I found a great sale and decided to try a pair. Plus, they were purple so that clinched the deal. When I first started wearing them, I didn't notice a thing. I couldn't tell they were making a difference at all. They were incredibly comfortable though which encouraged me to wear them more.
The Reebok EasyTone shoes have a "one piece technology" where there are no seams on the inside of the shoes and this makes them very comfortable. The insoles are actually pretty substantial and I didn't have to trade into my orthopedic ones. I have flat feet and have had trouble with capsulitis where the capsule around a joint in my forefoot becomes inflamed and is extremely painful and I have had to endure painful cortisone shots to help ease the condition. These shoes seemed to help that with the cushioning of the balance pod in the forefoot. And although I didn't notice the toning effect, its not to say that there was nothing happening. My calves have actually started to slim down which has never happened to me. I do have extremely muscular legs from walking loads and from riding horses and doing loads of stable work. When a friend of mine had bought a pair, she walked in them for an hour or two and said her inner thighs were incredibly sore. My inner thighs are as muscular as they get so that may be why I didn't feel anything. I did feel a bit of tiredness in my lower back with these shoes and with the other toning shoes, but I fixed this problem by walking with correct posture and going a bit slower at first. In doing this, I noticed the toning ability a bit more and my legs started toning up a bit more. The only other disadvantage of these shoes is there is very little grip on the sole so be careful not to slip on wet or soft grass and floors.
If I'm recommending these shoes for weight loss, the only thing I would say is please give yourself time to adjust to the shoes and be sure to work on form instead of speed. If you are very unfit, please start slowly and don't go too far. If you have loads of leg muscles like most horse riders, wear them all the time and you will find comfort and an extra toning benefit. I don't think they will cause you to lose loads of weight but because they are so comfortable, maybe they will encourage you to walk more which will certainly have a knock on effect to your fitness level.