Best Casual Derby Shoes in 2022
Ben Sherman Men's Bulldog Derby Sneaker, Navy Canvas, 10.5 M US
Clarks Men's Raharto Plain Oxford, Brown Tumbled Leather, 120 M US
- Removable EVA Molded footbed
- Cushion Soft padding
- Smooth Textile Linings
Clarks Men's Tilden Cap Oxford Shoe,Dark Tan Leather,10 M US
- Comfort Features: Ortholite Footbed, Smooth Fabric and PU Linings, Durable TPR Outsole
- Stretch Gore Panels for a Flexible Fit
- Premium Full Grain Leather
- Heel Height 1 inch
Dockers Mens Einstein Knit/Leather Smart Series Dress Casual Oxford Shoe with NeverWet, Grey, 11 M
- 4-Way Stretch knit and genuine leather uppers
- Neoprene sock lining for maximum comfort and wearability
- High rebound cushioned footbed for exceptional comfort
- Footbed treated with Cleansport NXT: A hygienic technology that provides odor control and promotes good foot health
- Lightweight razor outsole with leather welt
Cole Haan Men's Grand Tour Plain Oxford Woodbury/Ivory Flat, 10.5 M US
- Classic plain toe pattern on a sport inspired outsole with rich leather or suede uppers
- Textile covered foot bed for comfort and breathability
- Rubber pods in the heel and forefoot for traction
- Lightweight EVA midsole cushioned with Grand OS for ultimate comfort and flexibility
Cole Haan Men's Grand Crosscourt II Sneaker, white leather, 12 Medium US
- Sleek and simple, the Grand Crosscourt Sneaker is the perfect way to add some tailored casual style to your every day look.
- Classic sport inspired oxford in leather, suede or textile uppers
- Injection molded outsole with rubber pods in heel and forefoot
- Grand 360 Design and Engineering comfort technology
- Textile lined
Clarks Men's Atticus Lace Oxford, Tan Leather, 11 Wide
- Ortholite Footbed
- Durable Rubber Outsole
- Lace-up Closure
Flexi Mens Black Leather Derby Oxford Style Dress Shoes - Casual Lace Up Ankle | 59301 (9, Black)
- QUALITY - The Quilmes Mens Black Leather Derby Oxford Style Dress shoe is made from Genuine Leather. Each piece of leather we source is machine tested in our facility for durability, strength, breathability and flexibility.
- COMFORT - This classic black shoe has a suede type touch and a Hidden Walking Soft System with hexagonal panels for comfort. This makes the Quilmes Classic Derby style shoe an all-day wear while keeping your feet happy!
- VERSATILITY - The Quilmes can be worn both causally and professionally. Whether your going to the office or to a business get toghether, this is the shoe for you. This shoe pairs well with denim or a business suit.
- HANDCRAFTED - Genuine cowhide leather upper and pig skin insole. The sole and upper parts of this classic derby are hand stitched for precision quality. Visible stitching in gray color. Careful attention to detail makes this shoe sure to last for many years.
- FLEXI - Flexi was founded in 1935 in Leon, Mexico, the leather capital of the world. Flexi has over 400 stores in Mexico and Latin America. In 2019, we released our product in the United States. We have been "Walking Together" for over 80 years.
Steve Madden Men's Harpoon Oxford, Black, 10.5 M US
- Brand: Steve Madden
- Style: Oxfords
- Materials: Leather upper / Manmade outsole
- Toe Style: Closed Toe
- Closure Type: Lace Up
Dockers Menâ€™s Gordon Leather Oxford Dress Shoe,Black,8.5 W US
- Polished full grain leather uppers
- Padded collars add an extra layer of comfort
- Flexible construction for all day wear
- Accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association for quality and effectiveness in allowing for normal foot function and promoting good foot health.
- Durable, siped rubber outsole for maximum traction on wet surfaces.
The Gift of a Gay Child
Solid ways to approach a sensitive subject. Walk a mile in our shoes, and keep your mind open to the end. There are no miracles of exorcism, but there are many issues to excise from your mind.
It is now 13 years past the time of discovery for me when my child announced he was gay, and much has taken place in the meantime. Sharing with readers the emotional upheaval and transition to realistic acceptance is one of the most difficult long term emotional investments any parent is called upon to walk through in this life, but I am willing to share the gut wrenching reality and personal chronicle of this immersion I experienced into "another" reality. It is a natural fact that short of the death of a loved one, this topic ranks high in the list of burdens upon not only gays themselves, but their extended families.
I have always wished to share the knowledge of my life experience, knowing that to do so educates the populace in ways even they may not want to be. The conception of gays should not be what it is today, any more than the conception of owning slaves was in the 1800's. Do not think this is easy to talk about even today, but without sharing my story and that of my son, the world is the loser. My words will explain but you won't be able to grasp the full reality, for there are no words that compile the journey into paragraphs on paper. You will not regret reading the true story as laid out without bias from an autobiographical standpoint in every detail of it's raw form. Many don't care to read on this subject at all, but if they even accidentally find my life before their eyes, they will read it, and in so doing will have walked a mile in my shoes when they weren't expecting it! In this way, accountability for your attitudes may just take a different view. You may one day find such a one as my child within your family, or maybe you will work with a confirmed gay person and wonder about them. If you are like many people, your view is that they are sub-standard individuals, perverse, wicked or any number of thoughts that I don't judge your for. I was you at one time, and then reality hit me full in the face.
I would never try to change someone's views on this subject just as no one could have changed mine before it became the day the mask came off for everyone in our family. We all had to "look at the issue individually" from that day forward, and our family was comprised of my alpha male husband, two alpha male siblings to this gay son as well as his two sisters. Patrick is my son, and I want you to know him.
This is a noteworthy topic for parenting, which I would have to admit was one of the toughest parenting hurdles I ever had to face. Want to know more? Tell your friends to read this, and I promise you every gut wrenching detail will follow. Don't despair, for the growing process was ugly, but the outcome is Cinderella! I have read lots of nice child/parenting stories that frankly bored me to tears as they reminded me of The Brady Bunch and not one bit of what my life seemed like. I can't tell you how many times I felt like a parental failure. I can't begin to fully paint the picture in words and the tears that filled my heart, along with fear and pain that was indescribable. People love to stick their head in the sand rather than face reality, the difference being I could not, for to do so would be to condemn my son to hell on earth. In the category of parenting, I am a self proclaimed expert in most all areas, but only because I lived through it, and you know what they say about hindsight, it is 20/20! Read my upcoming story as I delve into the life of this very special young man and his family.