Best Active Dress Shoes in 2021
Rockport Men's Style Leader 2 Bike Slip-on Loafer, Truffle Tan, 13 W US
- Textile Lining
- Durable and cushioned footbed
- EVA outsole
Clarks Men's Cotrell Edge Oxford,Tobacco Oily Leather,11 M US
- Heel Height 1.57 inches
- Boot Shaft Height 3.93 inches
- Boot Shaft Circumference 9.84 inches
- Removable footbed
- OrthoLite sheet; Cushion Soft technology
ASICS Men's Gel-Contend 5 Running Shoes, 10.5M, Sheet Rock/Safety Yellow
- AmpliFoam Midsole - Engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural running.
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
Cole Haan Grand Tour Wing Ox Black Leather/Ivory 11.5 D (M)
- Classic wingtip pattern on a sport inspired outsole with rich leather or suede uppers
- Textile covered foot bed for comfort and breathability
- Rubber pods in the heel and forefoot for traction
- Lightweight EVA midsole cushioned with Grand OS for ultimate comfort and flexibility
Clarks Men's Cotrell Walk Oxford, Black, 9.5 D - Medium
- Breathable leather
- Bicycle toe
- Classic styling
- Non marking outsole
- Ortholite footbed
ECCO Men's Helsinki Slip-On,Cocoa Brown,43 EU/9-9.5 M US
- Removable leather insole
- Direct injected, one component PU outsole with shock point
- Features cow leather
Dansko Women's Kristen Slate Slip on Flat 8.5-9 M US
- Textile linings
- Leather uppers. Nubuck treated with 3M Scotchgard protector for stain resistance
- Leather-covered, removable, molded EVA footbed with Dansko Natural Arch technology and memory foam for cushioning
- Lightweight rubber outsole
- Heel height 1.2"
Clarks Men's Escalade Step Slip-on Loafer- Black Leather 15 D(M) US
- Leather upper
- Slip on style with hidden elastic goring for an easy on and off
- Manmade and fabric lining
- Ortholite cushioned footbed for added comfort
- 1 1/4 inch heel
Rockport Men's Eureka Walking Shoe, Brown, 10.5 2E US
- Rubber outsole pads provide durable grip on a variety of surfaces
- San crispino construction provides heel stability, as well as additional flexibility overall and strobel provides forefoot flexibility
- Latex foam footbed cushions the foot to help reduce foot fatigue
- Mesh lining wicks moisture and enhances breathability
- Flexible leather upper material provides a casual look and great comfort
- EVA Midsole Provides Flexible Lightweight Impact Absorption
- Rubber Outsole Provides Long Wear Durability
Clarks Men's Raharto Plain Oxford, Blue Nubuck, 10.5 Medium US
- Heel Height .78 inches
- Removable Ortholite footbed
- Cushion Soft technology
- Lightweight EVA outsole
Maintaining and Caring for Your Shoes, Handbags and Jewelry
The best way to maintain and care for your shoes, handbags and jewelry is to prevent damage.
Everyone is familiar with the famous Benjamin Franklin quote, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Mr. Franklin was right. It is easier to avoid a problem than it is to rectify one. Therefore, extend the use of your shoes, handbags and jewelry by properly maintaining and caring for them. These preventative measures are quick and easy.
- The first step to take care of your leather shoes is to buy a leather care kit that includes shoe polish, leather protector, a brush and a polishing cloth. Before you wear your leather shoes, protect them with the leather protector to prevent scuff marks and water damage. Use shoe polish periodically to buff and condition them.
- Another way to increase the longevity of your shoes is to place plastic taps or heel protectors on them. Since heel protectors prevent your heels from excessive wear and tear, it is less likely that you will have to replace your heels. It is far less expensive to protect your heels than it is to replace them.
- Finally, the last tip to extend the life of your shoes is to use shoe trees in your shoes when you are not wearing them. Shoe trees prevent creases and folds, which cause your shoes to look worn. If you cannot find shoe trees, stuff your shoes with wads of newspaper.
- Leather handbags are expensive, so protect your investment by taking care of them. Apply leather protector to your handbag to prevent stains from setting in and permanently damaging your bag. After repeated use, remember to clean and buff the leather with a leather cleaner and polish.
- Handbags typically carry heavy loads, causing the straps to break; however, don't throw your bags away because of broken straps. Instead, take your handbags to a shoe repair shop that can replace the straps for you. Most times, it costs less to buy replacement straps than to invest in a new handbag.
- The most important way to prolong the life of your handbag is to stuff it with archival quality tissue paper. Stuffing your bag with tissue paper will help maintain its shape. Place your bag in a dust bag to keep it clean and scratch-free during storage. If you don't have a dust bag, use a white cotton pillowcase.
- To maintain your jewelry avoid contact with harsh chemicals. Hairspray, perfume and lotion will damage your pearls, opals and precious gemstones. Although gold and silver are more resilient, it is important to protect them as well; therefore, the easiest way to avoid chemicals causing damage to your jewelry is to put your jewelry on after handling harmful products.
- In addition to avoiding chemicals, you should remove your rings before doing housework or any activity that may damage your jewelry. Although diamonds are tough, most ring settings are not. Most people ruin their rings due to damaging the settings, not the diamonds.
- When your jewelry requires cleaning, make sure you know how to clean each piece. Silver is easy to clean with a silver polishing cloth or solution; however, use caution when using silver cleaning products because most are harmful to pearls, opals, turquoise and lapis lazuli. Therefore, it is critical to read the instructions before you use any cleaner to avoid damaging your jewelry. Visit RealSimple.com for more jewelry cleaning tips. Also, keep in mind that some of your jewelry may require professional cleaning.
The best way to maintain and care for your shoes, handbags and jewelry is by preventing damage in the first place. It is far easier to avoid damaging your investments than it is to repair the damage. These preventative measures are well worth the time and effort, and will result in you enjoying your prized possessions for many years to come.